Friday, October 3, 2008

Dreamer's Response -- Dream #6

I was enchanted by Toni's dream and found it to be quite powerful. It's a dream that one could work with for years and continue to get new meaning from.

If it were my dream, it would have been about about change, and Toni writes that not long after she had the dream, she had the "big breakup" of her 20s. The dream features seven waterfalls, and seven is the number of luck, as well as spirit and intuition/introspection. If it were my dream, I would see that I was going through a time of thinking "what is it all for" and trying to make a decision that would benefit me.

Because the dream was located in Toni's mind in the Pacific Northwest, which she says was her ideal place to live at the time, perhaps she was seeing a scene of better things to come, of being able to flow over life's obstacles to arrive at something better. In the dream she had a loyal friend with her; if it were my dream this would signal to me that my psyche was saying I was supported in the decisions I was going to make.

The inclusion of the "voice-over," which Toni "was convinced at the time was God or a higher power or whatever you want to call it" shows to me that not only the psyche, but also the universe/higher power supported the decision as well.

Thanks for this amazing dream, Toni!

A new dream will be posted shortly...if you would like it to be yours, email me!

1 comment:

Alison Du Bois said...

Katrina, Love your blog and I wish I dreamt so I could share them with you...alas, I only dream about 3 times a year now. But, I get to live vicariously through other's dreams :)

And I just wanted to share with you, that I have tagged your blog!
Here is link to see rules:
http://alisondubois.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html
I hope you don't mind this small game :)

Take care!
Alison