Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Importance of Dreams

"Dreams are the creative store that is true wealth. They reside at the human edge of the holy. From the unknown, from eternity, into the restless minds of sleepers, their light is given off. In the human body, worlds are charted, wounds healed, illnesses reversed. In our vulnerable sleep, those hours when anything could happen. Like dark matter in the universe, dreams have mass and presence, even when not remembered." -- Linda Hogan

I treasure my dreams. Although I don't religiously write them down every morning as I used to (I've recorded more than 1,000 dreams in the last year!), I do write down the ones that make a big impact on me. Like the dream I had this summer that led me to release my inner artist once and for all.

You can read about this experience here. It was powerful, amazing, life-transforming. Listen to your dreams. They are trying to tell you something.

No comments: