Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dream #6 -- Seven Waters Fall

Here is another dream from Toni. Follow the guidelines and have fun interpreting this dream!

I was walking somewhere very lush and green--not tropical, but more like the Pacific Northwest, and there was the sound of water running nearby. My best friend at the time was with me, and I could see waterfalls. A voice spoke from somewhere above us, like a voiceover in a documentary or something. It said, "This is your heaven, the place where the Seven Waters Fall." I realized there were seven waterfalls there, and there was a woman with light brown skin and long, black hair carrying a basket and walking toward a nearby valley, and I started to follow her.

Toni also added this: "I have never, ever felt such peace as I did in that dream. It's been at least 15 years since it happened and it still stays with me. I even checked maps and Googled to see if such a place really existed, it was that powerful."

2 comments:

Katrina said...

More questions for you, Toni! Think about these as you interpret your dream.

1. What does the Pacific Northwest evoke for you?

2. What do waterfalls mean to you?

3. What qualities does your best friend have that you think are significant to this dream?

4. What did that woman evoke for you?

If this were my dream, I would immediately latch on to the number seven, a sacred number and a lucky number. I would also think about the greenery around, signaling to me lush life, abundance, and harmony.

The waterfalls, to me, show flow, and that I am able to flow peacefully over the bumps (or rocks or sudden drop-offs) in life.

The woman had a basket -- perhaps she was going to be gathering something. Maybe I am about to embark on a phase in my life in which I am gathering new things, new ideas.

Of course, to me she seems Native American, and there are a host of associations with that group...it will depend on your interpretation. Looking forward to hearing what you think, Toni!

Anonymous said...

1. The Pacific Northwest used to be my ideal place to live; lush and green, lots of wild places to explore, mountains nearby, plus, I love Seattle. At the time it was my dream home.

2. Hmm. Waterfalls don't have any special significance I can conjure, except my very favorite photo ever of myself features me standing in front of a waterfall in Glacier National Park. They symbolize wild places, beauty, and flow for me, I think.

3. Loyalty. We helped each other through individual "big break-ups" during our 20s, and remain friends today (albeit not as close as we were during the time of the dream). I trusted her completely, and vice versa, and we had many laughs and great times together.

4. The woman probably was Native American, now that I think of it. It's hard digging back 15 or so years. :) She had long, dark, straight hair. She had somewhere to be and was graceful and strong.

It wasn't that long after having this dream that I left the boyfriend who comprised the "big break-up" of my 20s.

That voiceover describing the place, I was convinced at the time, was God or a higher power or whatever you want to call it.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this, Katrina!